Whoop-Dee-Doo it's twentytwenty kiddos

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another." Galatians 5:22‭-‬26

A friend and I decided this morning that we need to be more intentional with our walk with God, individually and together. We often get busy, and easily neglect the most important aspect of our lives - spending time in the Word of God and communing with one another. So this year, we've decided to be more accountable to each other, and begin working through the fruit of the spirit together. We're going to study them and learn what they all mean (kinda obvious, but yknow), learn how to apply them to ourselves and understand how to be discerning in seeing fruit in other believers and ourselves. 

So I'm off to a big bang with plans with friends, I'm also off to a big jump (you could also say a fall I suppose) with my own stuff. Left my job in January, only to be offered a promotion (which I accepted after a few weeks of pondering) so I'm staying in Wellington for a bit longer to see how that goes and if I like being a Sous chef (just want to sound fancy). Also have re-enrolled for University, so I'll be doing a few papers over the year towards eventually being a journalist. Whoop-Dee-Doo. I love being busy, and I sure will be studying part time and working full time, but I'm looking forward to the challenge. After a month of absolutely no work, I'm really excited to be getting back into it at full speed. Well folks, that is my little personal update which none of you probably wanted to hear. You got it anyway, lucky you. 

A small side note (that will probably get big because I do love a good ramble, obviously). How important is it to find someone to be accountable to in your Christian life? I never really knew until I found people that did hold me accountable for my actions. Having friends and people around you that call you out when you're out of line is so crucial for growth as a believer. Taking accountability for your actions and words puts everything into perspective and makes you stop to think about what you're actually doing with your life. So would highly recommend, if you don't have someone to hold you accountable, find someone that you love and trust and see how worthwhile it is opening up to them about yourself. "Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." James 5:16
Learning to be sincere and honest with yourself and those around you, will be one of your greatest accomplishments in this life. (That's what I've decided at the moment anyway..)

I'm gonna go nap now, stress naps are the best kind of naps. 

Elysia 

Comments

Popular Posts