Coherent ramblings..?



Eternity, what a fun concept. What an even better reality it will be. A huge topic, that I will begin addressing very slowly and bit by bit.

I often (always) get ideas to write about for my blog when just talking about everyday things with my everyday people. Then, I will not write it down because I'm "busy" and forget entirely to even write a blog. Today, however, was not one of those days. I remembered what it was I wanted to ramble about, and look, I've even posted it. Progress.

Anywho, perhaps I'll ramble less and actually do some proper writing now? We'll see how that goes.

Real talk from here, surely. What do you think about when you think about eternity? Do you live life insight of your eternity? Has the idea ever entered your mind that maybe we weren't made to dwell in this world forever? Is your life influenced by the fact that our home is in Heaven with our Creator? If so, then another question, where does your beauty come from? Where is your worth found? When we think of these questions, in light of the previous ones we obviously say God. Because the idea has just been thrown in our heads. The reality, however, for almost all of us is that this is not the case. We live our lives detached from the reality of our humanness, of our total dependence upon God. If we are calling ourselves followers of Christ, shouldn't we be living with these things pressing heavily on our hearts? We are to be like Christ and have a longing to be in His presence.

Let's gander at this another way, I will use myself as an example, because who else would be? Here we go, don't take it the wrong way I'm not trying to be prideful, just honest. I am beautiful, I know that but what makes me beautiful? How can I be sure? What I have been beginning to understand lately is that beauty is not outward, it has nothing to do with our appearances. My worth and my beauty are inward. We were made in the image of God, not necessarily physically, but we were given a soul the inevitably longs for God. We have a void within us that we all desire to satisfy. Those of us who have been called by God have received satisfaction from Christ living in us, but along with that satisfaction, we come to find an even greater longing. A longing to be home, in eternity worshipping God.

So, that is where beauty is ultimately found in light of our longing for eternity. If we are living our lives with eternity in our hearts, as I believe we were intended to, we see ourselves change. We become upward focused and worry less about any trials we may face. It changes the way we live and the things we prioritise. The more we understand eternity, the greater our longing will be and the more we will want to be Christ-like.  

So where does your worth come from? Are you living your life in view of eternity and forever being in the presence of our Lord? If you aren't, then what are you living for? "Is what you're living for worth Christ dying for?" 

"Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal" 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." 1 Peter 3:4










    

Comments

Popular Posts