Off I stumble

So, tonight I was just reading through quotes, as I usually do and I stumbled upon this one:



It hit very close to home, because lately I've been getting caught up in the worldly view of doing things for your own happiness and good. I've been distracted by trying to create my own happiness that I've been neglecting my one source of true Joy. It's so good to be reminded that I'm not to depend upon myself, but on my Saviour. My thoughts are to be focused upon His glory, and how I can glorify Him through my life. His glory is to be my ultimate goal, not my happiness. Because the more I glorify Him, the more content I will become. And a content heart is usually a heart that can find happiness naturally. So instead of focusing my thoughts on my own happiness I'm going to try and actively focus on honouring God through day-to-day life.

That's all for now, short and sweet. And not so much of a ramble. ;)

Lecy x

Comments

  1. Hello Lecy. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and your love for God. I am blessed by you the quote you have posted on which is a reminder not only for you but every christian who get caught up in the worldly view of doing things for their own happiness. It is a reminder to me too. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 58 yrs. in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is ; dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear fr om you very soon. God[s richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts