I had a nap at 8.30 p.m.

It's 1 a.m. and I have to wake up at 5.30 to go to the gym. I'm not sure why I'm like this. I just can't sleep when I've got lots on my mind I guess. So I'm gonna get rid of some nonsense so maybe then sleep will be my friend.

So, I've been reading through some quotes tonight, and I found this old gem:


And let me just tell you, this quote hit very close to home the first time I ever read it.
I was in a relationship with this guy, I thought the world of him and we were gonna get married. That was until I read this, and there was this moment when I knew, I just knew, that my relationship had become an idol and I was putting it before everything in my life. I put it before my God and before my own self. This was one of the most heartbreaking moments of my life. But when something so important becomes an idol and becomes more important than God, the something has to be changed in order to fix it.

I'm gonna stop this tangent right here, cause trust me it could go on for days.

I guess what I'm saying is words are crazy, the amount of impact they can have is insane. But I'm thankful this quote had the impact on me, better to face this obstacle now rather than 30 years from now. 

Anyway, I think I'll stop now, otherwise words will keep pouring out of me relentlessly.

Thanks for reading my 1a.m. rant,

Lecy x

Comments

Popular Posts